Certainly more stock removal
The PFERD ALUMASTER High Speed Disc is the winner of the Eisen 2016 Innovation Award powered by ZHH.
The innovative ALUMASTER High Speed Disc is a unique tool with extremely high stock removal performance which has been developed especially for use on angle grinders. The latest new development from PFERD is ideal for processing aluminium as it does not generate hazardous or explosive dust. The special design of the tool also guarantees maximum safety.
It consists of ten specially developed tungsten carbide cutting inserts, which are fixed to the very light, but extremely robust GRP disc. The innovative geometry of the disc and the possibility of turning or replacing the cutting inserts when they are worn allow the very long and cost-effective use of this uniquely safe solution for processing aluminium.
- Maintains the user’s health as no hazardous or explosive dust is generated
- Can be used on all standard angle grinders (dia. 115/125 mm)
- Can be used in almost any location as you do not need an extractor unit
- Cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to reinforced grinding wheels and flap discs
- Comparable weight to reinforced grinding wheels and flap discs
- Innovative, light yet robust cut geometry with integrated depth gauge for:
- The highest degree of safety
- Extreme durability
- Comfortable work
- Specially developed, turnable and replaceable tungsten carbide cutting inserts:
- Guarantee an extraordinarily high stock removal performance and extreme durability
- Avoids tool clogging, even on lubricated materials
ALUMASTER with HICOAT coating
PFERD also offers the cutting inserts with a premium-quality HICOAT coating for lubricated aluminium casting alloys with a silicon content of 5–10 %, abrasive cast aluminium alloys with a silicon content of over 15 % and for other abrasive materials or non-ferrous metals. This prevents tool clogging and abrasive wear, even in use on these particularly demanding materials.
Additional advantages of the HICOAT coating:
- Extremely hard
- Very low friction coefficient
- Very low tendency towards adhesion
- Improved surface quality
- Reduced burr formation
Materials for which HICOAT coating is recommended
- Lubricating aluminium casting alloys with silicon contents of 5-10 %
- Sticky, greasy materials
- Abrasive aluminium casting alloys with silicon contents of > 15 %
- Abrasive materials such as fibre-reinforced plastics (FRP)
- Non-ferrous alloys of higher strength than aluminium (bronze, brass, etc.)