The universal product range for industry and professional trade
Drilling tools - HSS spiral drills
Drilling tools with cross grinding for industrial uses. Fully ground, right-hand turning versions that produce precise drill holes thanks to their high concentricity and exact centring. PFERD offers spiral drills in the STEEL (118° point angle) and INOX (135° point angle) types.
- Very good chip removal.
- High concentricity.
- Exact centring and low feed force thanks to cross grinding.
HSSG (M2) STEEL 118° type
- Suitable for universal use on steel, cast steel, grey cast iron, annealed cast iron, bronze, brass, aluminium.
- Easy centring.
- Long tool life.
- Good chip removal.
HSSE Co5 (M35) INOX 135° type
- Particularly well suited for tough and hard materials, such as alloyed and highstrength steel, stainless steel (INOX).
- Robust tip profile.
- Very long tool life.
- Good chip removal.
- Very good temperature resistance due to Co content.
Drilling tools - HSS step drills
Sturdy high-performance tools for burr-free drilling and deburring of sheet metal, pipes and profiles. Materials up to 4 mm thick can be drilled and deburred easily in a single step. PFERD also offers step drills with a high-quality HICOAT coating. To ensure reliable torque transmission, all step drills have a three-surface shaft.
- Drilling and deburring in a single step.
- Completely smooth running and a high cutting performance.
- The high-quality drill tip ensures effortless centring and drilling.
- The tool taper makes it easier to pull back from drilled plates.
- Chips which do not break are neatly removed as with a spiral drill.
- Built-up edges and cold welding on the blades are prevented.
- Use cutting oil/compressed air as a coolant and lubricant in the case of step drills without a coating.
HSS HICOAT HC-FEP type
- Step drills with a HICOAT coating can also be used without the addition of coolants.
- Particularly suitable for work on stainless steel (INOX).
Here you can find additional useful information on our drilling and countersink tools.
High-performance drilling tools in the STEEL in HSSG (M2) type and INOX in HSSE-Co5 (M35) type for industrial uses. Fully ground, right-hand turning version with cross grinding.Read more
HSS step drills for drilling and deburring thin sheets, pipes and profiles made from various materials. To ensure reliable torque transmission, all step drills have a three-surface shaft.Read more
HSS step drills with premium HICOAT coating HC-FEP are wear resistant and versatile as they can be used to process steel, stainless steel (INOX), non-ferrous metals, thermoplastics and duroplastics. To ensure reliable torque transmission, all step drills have a three-surface shaft.Read more